Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy. (1 TIMOTHY 6:17)
The Lord is the one that makes His children rich in this world. He gives the power, privilege, wisdom and grace to make wealth to His children. Not all are materially rich as we can see in scripture and in real life. But in the body of Christ there are brethren who are financially and materially rich.
God knows the blessings of riches and destructive force of riches. When riches and wealth are handled well, they give earthly and eternal blessings.
Proverbs 10:22 “The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
However, when material riches and wealth are not subjected to the word of God in their uses and management, they result in all kinds of miseries and the everlasting damnation of hell fire.
The following are important to guide the rich and wealthy believer;
1. Do not set your heart on money, but God. 1 Timothy 6:9-12.
2. Do not serve money. Serve God only. Matthew 6:24.
3. Do not associate closely with the rich and great men of this world. 1st Corinthians 15:33. They do not know Jesus. Their ways are not righteous.
4. Seek the will of God for all things. James 4:13-15.
5. Lay your treasure in heaven. Matthew 6:19-21. Give your tithes and offerings.
6. Trust in God and not in your wealth. 1 Timothy 6:17. God is a defence for those that trust in Him.
7. Be rich in good works. 1 Timothy 6:17-19. Be good, kind, merciful and compassionate towards the poor and needy.
Thought For The Day
Let your riches not overtake Jesus in your life.